Sunday, August 30, 2009

Interview Question for active diectory and exchange

Interview Question for active diectory and exchange


How to find an ip using Yahoo! Messenger

I've been “testing” Yahoo! messenger with some friends and I have found many interesting things. I DON’T CARE if you do any damage with the stuff you will learn below. Everything you do is with YOUR responsibility.

Method A: The classic one

First, close all the programs that use internet. Open a dos-prompt and type netstat -n. This command will show you all connections with your pc and the ip you connect to. Send a file (prefer a big one) and while it is being send type netstat -n once more. The new ip that will appear will be the “victim’s” one.

Method B: Make the “victim” your friend

I'm not talking for social engineering, although it's a good method too. I’ve noticed that when you add sb in your friends list, a packet is send from their pc to yours and from yours to their. Once more, just to be sure, close all the programs that use internet. If you are using two firewalls (and you should) close the one. In this case I prefer using BlackIce firewall which I found more accurate. Then add the “victim” in your friends list. Soon will appear a blocked packet from the firewall with the source ip...

Method C: Just talk

If you talk with someone for a long time you will notice a direct connection between you and your “victim”! But I doesn't happen all the time :p . You can use netstat but I prefer to use eStop 3.3. This is a fine program that shows you all connections every sec.

In all the above methods, to confirm the ip use a tool for ip lookup, like NeoTrace or download one from www.toolsforselling.com .

I' m working on a couple of stuff I recently found. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me with Yahoo! messenger, what else? My Yahoo! id is legionaire_7

Extra thanks to jonny_metaxas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts